North Star Stamping is a full-service, ISO 9001:2015 certified, IATF 16949 compliant precision metal stamping manufacturer of copper products and components manufactured to your specifications.
Sizes Range From:
- .005 to .187 thickness
- stock widths up to 12″
Our more common copper materials for stamping include:
If your application calls for a specific grade of copper, please contact us with the specifications for your parts. With our decades of copper stamping experience, we are confident that we can meet the needs of your project.
Why Copper Metal Stampings?
As with all metals, copper has its own advantages and disadvantages for metal stamped parts. Some of the characteristics of copper that affect its desirability for metal stamping include:
- Copper is corrosion resistant
- Copper tarnishes quickly, with substantial discoloration
- Copper is very expensive when compared to low carbon steel, approximately eight times the price.
- The pricing for copper is very volatile and it is typically purchased at market or spot buy prices
- Copper is excellent for brazing and soldering
- Copper can be polished for decorative purposes; however, the polished copper must be coated to minimize tarnishing